Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Airpod Pro's occasionally stop playing sound when watching a Youtube video

Sometimes, out of the blue, my AirPods Pro's stop playing sound. It happened a few minutes ago:

I was watching a YouTube video and my Airpod's are connected to my MacBook Pro 13" (up to date). Suddenly the video paused and the sound stopped. Stopped: no sound indicating low-battery was heard. Resuming the video results in no sound. Pressing the play/pause option on the AirPods results in a 'click' but the video won't resume. I can change it's modus once (from noice cancelling to transparency modus or off, can't know for sure which one) and after that it doesn't respond to trying to change the modus. The AirPods are still connected to my Macbook, and still have sufficient battery.

This is as of this moment (when my AirPods don't play sound). As you can see, they're still connected:

These are its settings as displayed when alt-clicking on the bluetooth menu item. I'm sorry, it's in Dutch:

Furthermore, the model number is A2084, firmware version is 2C54 and hardware version 1.0.0.

The only option to get them working again is either disconnecting the AirPods and connecting them again via the Bluetooth menu, or placing them in their case for ±10seconds. Both of which disconnect and then reconnect the AirPods.

When I reconnected the AirPods just know, it gave the tune as if the battery was low. When checking the settings, it gave these stats:

Suddenly, the battery's almost out.

However, yesterday I had the same issue. After reconnecting the AirPods they worked fine again and didn't have low battery all of a sudden. So while the low-battery did seem to have an effect today, yesterday it didn't. As far as I've noticed, I never had the issue with Spotify or iTunes, or on my iPhone. I'm not a 100% sure though. I think I did have the issue on my other 13" MacBook Pro (though, again, I'm not sure as I'm prone to switching them out when at home).

What can be causing this loss of sound?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 10, 2020 4:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2020 5:13 AM

Hello,

Hmm, it could be wireless Interference:

If the sound from your wireless headphones cuts out or is distorted

Good luck.

3 replies

Mar 25, 2020 5:29 AM in response to MrBill3

I've had the issue again (sorry, it has been a while: I've not needed my AirPods with working at home due to COVID-19), but locally stored audio/video doesn't play either. So it doesn't seem to be wireless interference?

Edit: I've tried changing the mode but when this happens I can only change it once. When trying to change the mode again, it just doesn't do anything except play the 'click' you hear when you press play/pause.

Apple Airpod Pro's occasionally stop playing sound when watching a Youtube video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.