Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods MAX not playing through left speaker only on MacBook

AirPods MAX is not playing through the left speaker. This is only occurring on the MacBook, as it's not occurring when connecting to iphone.

Please note that it is NOT the AirPods, it is the AirPods MAX, which are having the issue on a MacBook M1, using MacOS - Monterey.

This occurs when connected via the lightning cable or via Bluetooth. I have already processed power cycling the system, and turning off bluetooth to see if it connects.

I've also attempted to play sound using Apple Music and through the browser to make sure there was not an issue with a specific application itself.

To reiterate:

• AirPods Max, not AirPods or AirPods Pro, please don't link me to a help article with just AirPods.
  • Does not look to be BlueTooth related, as issue occurs when directly connected.
  • Does not look to be per application.
  • Powercycled System. Still not working.
  • Able to hear out of both speakers when connecting to iPhone or tablet, but not this M1 Machine.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 10:40 AM

In case anyone happens to have this issue going forward, as I was able to find the appropriate answer, for some reason the balance on my headphones had been shifted on my headphones directly to the Right, without me doing so.

So, the following actions worked to resolve the issue:

System Preferences -> Sound -> Output Tab -> Selecting AirPods Max -> Moving Slider to Balanced Center

Hope this helps someone in the future, as I did not move the Balance. It just suddenly started happening without my input on my M1 laptop.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2022 10:40 AM in response to sirpogo

In case anyone happens to have this issue going forward, as I was able to find the appropriate answer, for some reason the balance on my headphones had been shifted on my headphones directly to the Right, without me doing so.

So, the following actions worked to resolve the issue:

System Preferences -> Sound -> Output Tab -> Selecting AirPods Max -> Moving Slider to Balanced Center

Hope this helps someone in the future, as I did not move the Balance. It just suddenly started happening without my input on my M1 laptop.

AirPods MAX not playing through left speaker only on MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.