Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music only plays from left AirPod Pro on MacBook Pro 14"

For the last 2 days, Music plays only from my left AirPod Pro when connected to my MacBook Pro 14". When the AirPods are first connected, they both make the connection sound, and both AirPods can control the music (squeezing the stem on either side plays/pauses correctly). The right AirPod is noise cancelling correctly and can be changed to transparency mode correctly, just no music comes from it.

Both AirPods Pro work normally when paired with my iPhone, iPad, and iMac. The issue only happens on my MacBook Pro. It's a new issue - previously all used to work fine.

Things I have tried:

• Checked that the balance slider is set to the middle (it is)
  • Quitting Tooth Fairy and Soundsource
  • Restarting my MacBook Pro
  • Disconnecting and re-connecting the AirPods Pro from bluetooth settings on my MacBook Pro
  • Removing the AirPods from my account on my iPhone and re-pairing them

Any thoughts?

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 6:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2022 3:34 AM

The same thing starting happening to my AirPods Max, only this time sound was only coming from the right side. Now solved on both AirPods Max an AirPods Pro by using the SoundSource app to change the sample rate to 48000Hz then back to 24000Hz. I believe you can do the same thing natively in MacOS using the Audio MIDI Setup utility.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2022 3:34 AM in response to adrianclark1

The same thing starting happening to my AirPods Max, only this time sound was only coming from the right side. Now solved on both AirPods Max an AirPods Pro by using the SoundSource app to change the sample rate to 48000Hz then back to 24000Hz. I believe you can do the same thing natively in MacOS using the Audio MIDI Setup utility.

Jan 22, 2022 11:33 AM in response to adrianclark1

Hello adrianclark1,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! We see you're having an issue with only one AirPod Pro playing sound, but only with one device. We'd like to help.

When you checked the balance slider in Apple  Logo > System Preferences > Sound > Output > Were the AirPods Pro selected before looking at the slider?

If not sure, give that a try again.

If so, and it's still happening, and since you did such great troubleshooting already, we'd recommend contacting Apple Support.

Get Support

Take care!

Music only plays from left AirPod Pro on MacBook Pro 14"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.