Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods PRO: Left AirPods is not working with MACBOOK PRO After 12.1 OS Update

Hi Team,

After I've upgraded my MacBook pro-M1 Chip to 12.1 Monetery OS. Left Airpod is not working and I can't receive any sounds but all the tapping is working as expected.

I'm using Airpods PRO which is working as expected with my iPhone and IPAD.

Below Troubleshoot Steps which I've tried but no luck

Tried Resetting the Airpods and restarting the MAC

Removed the Airpods device in mac and re-paired again

Verified the System preferences -> Sound -> Options

Thanks and Regards

Ragul D

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 4:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 3:29 AM

The issue is resolved by Apple Support Team on call. After the OS Upgrade, Bluetooth sound output options were moved towards the right. I've made the pointer to centre now and its working as expected.

Make sure you are connected to Airpods Pro before you do the below steps.

Solution:

System Preferences -> Sound -> Output -> Select your airpods device -> change the "Balance:" pointer to center (if the pointer towards to left/right).

Thanks

Ragul D

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2022 3:29 AM in response to raguldhandapani

The issue is resolved by Apple Support Team on call. After the OS Upgrade, Bluetooth sound output options were moved towards the right. I've made the pointer to centre now and its working as expected.

Make sure you are connected to Airpods Pro before you do the below steps.

Solution:

System Preferences -> Sound -> Output -> Select your airpods device -> change the "Balance:" pointer to center (if the pointer towards to left/right).

Thanks

Ragul D

Jan 24, 2022 5:47 PM in response to raguldhandapani

raguldhandapani Said:

"After I've upgraded my MacBook pro-M1 Chip to 12.1 Monetery OS. Left Airpod is not working and I can't receive any sounds but all the tapping is working as expected.[...]"

-------

Try Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting seeing is all is fixed. For instructions, go here: How to Use safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

AirPods PRO: Left AirPods is not working with MACBOOK PRO After 12.1 OS Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.