Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Pro only work in one ear when connected to MacBook Pro

When my AirPods Pro are connected to my MacBook Pro sound only plays out of the right ear. The left AirPods is recognized as music stops if I take out the left AirPod but no sound plays. I have tried the trouble shooting of removing the device and adding it back and the problem persists. Oddly, when I connect to Zoom on my MacBook with my AirPods connected, both AirPods work but as soon as the zoom meeting ends, the left AirPods wont play any sound. Both AirPods work great when connected to my iPhone but not the MacBook.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 4, 2022 7:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2022 6:07 PM

Mable_2020 Said:

"AirPods Pro only work in one ear when connected to MacBook Pro: When my AirPods Pro are connected to my MacBook Pro sound only plays out of the right ear. The left AirPods is recognized as music stops if I take out the left AirPod but no sound plays. [...]Both AirPods work great when connected to my iPhone but not the MacBook."

-------

Verify the AirPods Balance:

Two Methods:

A. On the iPhone, itself:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Accessibility
  4. Scroll Down: to Hearing
  5. Adjust: the audio volume balance

B. On an App:

Note that some apps have their own settings for volume. So, be certain balance on the app is as desired.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2022 6:07 PM in response to Mable_2020

Mable_2020 Said:

"AirPods Pro only work in one ear when connected to MacBook Pro: When my AirPods Pro are connected to my MacBook Pro sound only plays out of the right ear. The left AirPods is recognized as music stops if I take out the left AirPod but no sound plays. [...]Both AirPods work great when connected to my iPhone but not the MacBook."

-------

Verify the AirPods Balance:

Two Methods:

A. On the iPhone, itself:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Accessibility
  4. Scroll Down: to Hearing
  5. Adjust: the audio volume balance

B. On an App:

Note that some apps have their own settings for volume. So, be certain balance on the app is as desired.

AirPods Pro only work in one ear when connected to MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.