Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods will only play out of one ear when using Macbook Air

For some reason, when I connect my Airpods to my Macbook Air, the audio will only play out of one ear. I can hear the connect sound play in both, but when I try to play music, it only comes out of the left Airpod. If I put in the right first and get audio through it and then put in the left Airpod, it switches to only playing through the left. I've also tried putting both Airpods in at the same time, but it only plays out of the left.

I don't think it's an issue with the Airpods themselves because I can use other devices with the Airpods perfectly fine. I have tried restarting my laptop and disconnecting and reconnecting my Airpods. I also have the "play stereo as mono" audio selection unchecked.

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 12:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 12:15 AM

Okay if you're an idiot like me-- go to preferences --> sound --> output and check if the balance has been changed.

Similar questions

1 reply

Airpods will only play out of one ear when using Macbook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.