Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem sharing Homekit home with my wife specifically

I'm having issues sharing my homekit home with my wife. When I send her an invite to my home in the home app everything seems fine until she accepts the invite. On her side the app says it cannot accept the invite. On my side I'm no longer the admin of my home, just a guest. Under "people" I can see my name is still there (hers is gone) and if I click on my picture/name, it shows my name BUT her email adress!? Somehow the accounts link together and leave everyone outside the home... I have tried this from her side aswell, her inviting me, but the same thing happens. I cannot accept, her name is still there but with my email adress. I've tried from different devices (My ipad, her iPad) but with the same result. If I invite my kid everything works just fine...

We are both running iOS 13.3.1. I've also tried loggin in and out of our icloud accounts but with no luck. It's really frustrating and getting this going is something I've been really amped about, but this has made me really disappointed..! PLEASE HELP!

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 10, 2020 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2020 9:10 AM

Share control of your home - Apple Support

Before you begin

To invite others to control your HomeKit accessories:

*HomePod and Apple TV aren't available in all countries and regions.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2020 9:10 AM in response to onebicycles

Share control of your home - Apple Support

Before you begin

To invite others to control your HomeKit accessories:

*HomePod and Apple TV aren't available in all countries and regions.

Apr 23, 2020 10:44 PM in response to indyanaJones

No, I still can’t share directly with my wife. I got it to work by using my sons Apple ID to create a new home and then sharing it with me and my wife. When then linking it to a homehub I could give us the rights to make changes to things in the home aswell as adding new ones. Syncing hasn’t been flawless so I’ve had to leave the home with the person that hasn’t gotten the latest changes to the home and then get invited again.

i still don’t think we are both showed as having the home shared with us, it’s still the same thing as before that one user shows with the others email address but atleast we both have access

its a hassle but atleast it works! Let me know if you run into any issues and I will try to help out.

hopefully it works or more people

Problem sharing Homekit home with my wife specifically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.