Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Difficulty in setup apple tv 4k and epson eh-tw9400w projector

Hello, please help me finding the right setup to connect apple tv 4k and epson eh-tw9400w projector. I use 4k 2.0 optical hdmi cable to connect apple tv and projector. The picture displayed is blinking, sometimes is totally vanishing, sometimes half of the screen turns green. I have no idea how to make it right. Troubles are especially when using netflix app via apple tv. Moreover the soundbar connected to projector via toslink (optical cable) does nit provide sound at all!

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 12

Posted on Mar 15, 2020 12:13 AM

Similar questions

13 replies

Mar 15, 2020 8:53 AM in response to jarosław136

There is no such thing as an optical HDMI cable. There are optical (Toslink) cables and HDMI cables. You need a cable similar to the following to connect to your projector. If it does not have a HDMI connection, please upgrade to a device that has a HDMI connection.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/rocketfish-4-4k-ultrahd-hdr-in-wall-rated-hdmi-cable-black/3720002.p?skuId=3720002

The quality of the cable is critical when using an Apple 4K.

Mar 16, 2020 8:03 AM in response to rkaufmann87

I have already unplagged and switched off all devices for 24h with no result. I have already talked twice with applecare advisors. it took two hours but they were unable to come up with any solution... They said that apple does not quarantee compatibility with epson however I do not believe that lack of compatibility is the real issue here.

Mar 16, 2020 8:24 AM in response to jarosław136

Time to test each of the devices without the others:

- Does the Apple TV box work right with any other screen?

- Does the projector work right with some other HDMI source (e.g. DVD player)?

- Does the soundbar work right through that optical cable from a different device than the projector?

- Did you test with and without the “WirelessHD Transmitter” of the Epson? Does the transmitter box have good line-of-sight?

Difficulty in setup apple tv 4k and epson eh-tw9400w projector

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.