Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

About Dolby Atmos in 4K Apple TV ain’t turn on

In order to get Dolby Atmos sound what should I do for example about connections right now my Apple TV 4K it’s connected to my tv and my tv it’s connected to my receiver . In that order . The thing I don’t see an option Dolby Atmos in format audio . I wonder why?

Posted on Mar 16, 2020 6:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2020 6:49 AM

You will need Dolby Atmos capable hardware to have that setting available. If it is not detected, then that option won’t be shown.

You will need to connect the Apple TV to the Dolby Atmos capable receiver directly, as the ARC likely doesn’t have the needed bandwidth for PCM Dolby Atmos audio passthrough through the TV.

Play audio in Dolby Atmos or surround sound on your Apple TV - Apple Support

Apple TV → AV Receiver (Dolby Atmos capable) → TV

↘︎ Atmos speakers

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2020 6:49 AM in response to Danymo1976

You will need Dolby Atmos capable hardware to have that setting available. If it is not detected, then that option won’t be shown.

You will need to connect the Apple TV to the Dolby Atmos capable receiver directly, as the ARC likely doesn’t have the needed bandwidth for PCM Dolby Atmos audio passthrough through the TV.

Play audio in Dolby Atmos or surround sound on your Apple TV - Apple Support

Apple TV → AV Receiver (Dolby Atmos capable) → TV

↘︎ Atmos speakers

About Dolby Atmos in 4K Apple TV ain’t turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.