Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dolby ATMOS/Spatial Audio Question

I have a 5.2.4 HT set up using a Yamaha CX A5100 controller. I get Dolby ATMOS just fine with Bluray discs… but can't not tell if the same is happening with Apple TV 4K… I do not get Dolby ATMOS etc in the options under Audio Settings on Apple TV… and my controller does not indicate that is getting an ATMOS signal either with Apple TV…

any help?

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 1:19 AM

Apple TV 4K is willing to output Dolby Atmos to compatible devices when it finds those. Then the Immersive Audio option becomes available in Settings﹥Video and Audio﹥Audio Format﹥Immersive Audio﹥Dolby Atmos﹥On|Off. f you don't see Immersive Audio and Dolby Atmos as an option, you might need to change how your home entertainment system is set up.

Apple TV 4K outputs Dolby Atmos in the Dolby MAT 2.0 format; uncompressed like PCM. Verify with Yamaha that your model receiver supports Dolby MAT.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2021 1:19 AM in response to bimotarich

Apple TV 4K is willing to output Dolby Atmos to compatible devices when it finds those. Then the Immersive Audio option becomes available in Settings﹥Video and Audio﹥Audio Format﹥Immersive Audio﹥Dolby Atmos﹥On|Off. f you don't see Immersive Audio and Dolby Atmos as an option, you might need to change how your home entertainment system is set up.

Apple TV 4K outputs Dolby Atmos in the Dolby MAT 2.0 format; uncompressed like PCM. Verify with Yamaha that your model receiver supports Dolby MAT.

Dolby ATMOS/Spatial Audio Question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.