Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dolby Atmos apple tv

Doiby Atmos audio option does not appear in my settings. I have an HDMI from Apple 4K TV direct to my Atmos enabled audio receiver. I play Atmos on Blu-ray and via Disney + all the time via my audio receiver. I've updated my Apple 4K TV and it says I'm up to date on software.

Apple TV HD, tvOS 14

Posted on Jul 6, 2021 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2021 8:43 AM

What is your brand and model receiver?

Verify with the receiver manufacturer if the receiver supports the Dolby MAT format that Apple TV uses. Early Dolby Atmos capable receivers may need a firmware update.

Play audio in Dolby Atmos or surround sound on your Apple TV - Apple Support

Apple TV: Settings﹥Video and Audio﹥Audio Format﹥Auto and

Apple TV: Settings﹥Video and Audio﹥Audio Format﹥Immersive Audio﹥Dolby Atmos﹥On

That option will only be available if that capability is detected. It won’t work in combination with changed formats Dolby Digital 5.1 or Stereo.

Apple TV HD, tvOS 14

‘Apple TV HD’ (A1625) doesn’t have Dolby Atmos functionality. You would need a 4K model: A1842 or A2169.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2021 8:43 AM in response to Jeff Fura

What is your brand and model receiver?

Verify with the receiver manufacturer if the receiver supports the Dolby MAT format that Apple TV uses. Early Dolby Atmos capable receivers may need a firmware update.

Play audio in Dolby Atmos or surround sound on your Apple TV - Apple Support

Apple TV: Settings﹥Video and Audio﹥Audio Format﹥Auto and

Apple TV: Settings﹥Video and Audio﹥Audio Format﹥Immersive Audio﹥Dolby Atmos﹥On

That option will only be available if that capability is detected. It won’t work in combination with changed formats Dolby Digital 5.1 or Stereo.

Apple TV HD, tvOS 14

‘Apple TV HD’ (A1625) doesn’t have Dolby Atmos functionality. You would need a 4K model: A1842 or A2169.

Dolby Atmos apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.