Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do you want the application “TechFunctionSearch” to accept incoming network connections?

I keep getting this message constantly. I don't see an application by that name. I have blocked Word, Powerpoint, Excel in the firewall settings. No help. I deleted the firewall file and restarted. No help.

iMac 27", macOS 10.12

Posted on Mar 16, 2020 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2020 12:21 PM

Hello, MacMark777.

Sounds like adware or some other malware.

You can download and run Malwarebytes, it’s a very popular scan tool among veteran users here in the Community, and it’s the only one recommended by Apple tech support folks. See if it can identify any malware you may inadvertently have installed. The free version is probably all you need at this point.

Also, check System Preferences > Profiles. Are there any profiles there? There shouldn't be unless you put them there. That would be s sign of something amiss.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2020 12:21 PM in response to MacMark777

Hello, MacMark777.

Sounds like adware or some other malware.

You can download and run Malwarebytes, it’s a very popular scan tool among veteran users here in the Community, and it’s the only one recommended by Apple tech support folks. See if it can identify any malware you may inadvertently have installed. The free version is probably all you need at this point.

Also, check System Preferences > Profiles. Are there any profiles there? There shouldn't be unless you put them there. That would be s sign of something amiss.

Do you want the application “TechFunctionSearch” to accept incoming network connections?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.