Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

syncing Mac mail in two MacBook Pro with Mojave

Hello,

I have two MacBook Pros running on Mojave. One is in my office, and the other is at home.

I use my external HDD to rsync two MacBook Pros, and it works very well, except the Mac Mail.

After some web searching, I identified the Mac Mail contents location and literally rsynced

"~/Library/Mail/", "~/Library/Accounts/", "~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.mail-shared.plist"

but it did not work. Some web page said "com.apple.mail.plist" is important, but I cannot find it.

So, nothing works. As a last resort, I rsynced the entire "~/Library/" folder, then it worked, but

of course, it messed up settings of other programs.

Can you help me on this? I want to rsync Mac Mail only. For this, I need to know where the information

is stored, i.e., mail configuration, account information, and of course mails.

Thanks a lot!

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 17, 2020 12:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2020 3:51 AM

JayZu wrote:

Hello,

I have two MacBook Pros running on Mojave. One is in my office, and the other is at home.
I use my external HDD to rsync two MacBook Pros, and it works very well, except the Mac Mail.
After some web searching, I identified the Mac Mail contents location and literally rsynced
"~/Library/Mail/", "~/Library/Accounts/", "~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.mail-shared.plist"
but it did not work. Some web page said "com.apple.mail.plist" is important, but I cannot find it.

So, nothing works. As a last resort, I rsynced the entire "~/Library/" folder, then it worked, but

Can you help me on this? I want to rsync Mac Mail only. For this, I need to know where the information

If you use the IMAP protocol vs POP— there should be no need to sync mail...

unless your concern here is "On My Mac".

some possibilities:

~/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail

~/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail/Data/Library/Preferences/com.apple.mail.plist

Mail server settings for iCloud email clients - Apple Support

Change Server Settings in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2020 3:51 AM in response to JayZu

JayZu wrote:

Hello,

If you use the IMAP protocol vs POP— there should be no need to sync mail...

unless your concern here is "On My Mac".

some possibilities:

~/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail

~/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail/Data/Library/Preferences/com.apple.mail.plist

Mail server settings for iCloud email clients - Apple Support

Change Server Settings in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

syncing Mac mail in two MacBook Pro with Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.