Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone not showing recent calls

I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max and for some reason numbers I call or calls I receive are not showing in my "Recents" list.

Anyone else having this issue?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 17, 2020 8:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2020 11:24 AM

Yes. however this is not the case as I have explained repeatedy. If I make a call it should appear in my recents list. If a call comes in and I do not answer it it should appear in my recents list, whether they leave a voicemail or not. If a call comes in and I answer it it should appear in my recents list. None of this is happening.

16 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2020 11:24 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Yes. however this is not the case as I have explained repeatedy. If I make a call it should appear in my recents list. If a call comes in and I do not answer it it should appear in my recents list, whether they leave a voicemail or not. If a call comes in and I answer it it should appear in my recents list. None of this is happening.

Mar 17, 2020 9:01 AM in response to daddyqbob50

Whether anyone else has the same issue is irrelevant; you have the issue. With over 1 billion phones in use no matter what problem you have it is pretty much guaranteed that there are others who have the same or a similar issue. Knowing that doesn’t help you solve the problem.

Some characteristics of the Recents list:

• It has exactly 100 entries. Once it fills up the oldest entries disappear
  • If you answer the call on a different device (iPad, computer, etc) that call will not show up
  • If call forwarding is enable the call won’t go on the list
  • If the call goes directly to voicemail because your phone is out of range it won’t go on the list

Beyond these, every outgoing call should appear, and every call that causes your phone to ring should be on it. If that isn’t happening you need do some troubleshooting. As a start, are you sure that you tapped “All” and not “missed” at the top of the Recents list?

Mar 17, 2020 11:21 AM in response to daddyqbob50

Calls that go to voicemail will only appear on the phone if they actually get to the phone, which is why I mentioned ring. If the phone is off, or doesn’t have a network connection when a call arrives, or the tower you are connected to doesn’t have any available channels, it will go to voicemail on the carrier’s voicemail server. As the phone never sees it, that call will not be in Recents.

iPhone not showing recent calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.