Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8 - iOS 13.3.1 wifi issues - connects but not transferring information

I am able to connect to my wifi network on my phone (Airport extreme), however, there is no data transfer. Instead my phone is using cellular service (spotty). To be clear - When I go to settings - Wi-Fi my network shows up, I have Auto-Join selected and it indicates that I am connected to that network. It just doesn't show up in the upper left hand corner of my phone screen, instead, my cell provider appears there.

I've done restarts on phone, router, etc. to no avail. My MacBook Pro and iPad Pro both see and use the Wi-Fi network just fine. I've also chosen "Forget this Network" and re-connected. It indicates there is a strong wifi signal and I am connected (on the Wi-Fi sheet). When I open Airport Utility I can see that my phone is not being served by the Airport extreme.

I've looked online for solutions. It appears to just be my phone that is having the issue.

Prior to upgrade to iOS 13.3.1 I had zero connectivity issues.

Any thoughts, solutions would be greatly appreciated

iPhone 8

Posted on Mar 19, 2020 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2020 9:32 AM

Thank you Mr Bill3 -

Problem seems resolved now. It was a strange one. Went to university and could log onto that network, but no data transfer. Primary connection was through cellular service. Restarted phone twice and the Wi-Fi connection took over. Brought phone home and now that is solved as well.

That is an excellent link. I'll use it in the future.

Best.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2020 9:32 AM in response to MrBill3

Thank you Mr Bill3 -

Problem seems resolved now. It was a strange one. Went to university and could log onto that network, but no data transfer. Primary connection was through cellular service. Restarted phone twice and the Wi-Fi connection took over. Brought phone home and now that is solved as well.

That is an excellent link. I'll use it in the future.

Best.

iPhone 8 - iOS 13.3.1 wifi issues - connects but not transferring information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.