Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trying to use ZOOM SCREENSHARE on CATALINA

I am trying to do a screenshare in ZOOM.

every time I start to initiate a screenshare, I get a message steering me to the system preferences.

I get the screen below, but as you can see, there is NOT an option to add another app into this list!

does anyone know HOW I would do that, tell the system to give permission for ZOOM to access the screen?

also:  this may be a bug of the MAC OS CATALINA

* using my older MacBook Air, running MOJAVE, I WAS able to successfully screenshare.

* and I was doing so with a friend who was running an iMac that was also using a MOJAVE system.

Conclusion: this works with MOJAVE but not CATALINA.

Help! can anyone figure out a way to make it work using CATALINA?

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 19, 2020 8:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2020 4:01 PM

Hello WillFriedwald2,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand you're unable to add an application for screen recording in the Privacy pane of Security & Privacy via System Preferences. I'll be happy to help.

It looks like you've already gone through all of the steps on the Zoom Help Center, which is good: Sharing your screen – Zoom Help Center

After that, I recommend contacting their support: Contact Us - Zoom

I also recommend to verify that you have, "Read & Write" enabled for your user account on the Mac. Here's a helpful article with the proper steps: Change permissions for files, folders, or disks on Mac

Now if that doesn't help and, "Read & Write" is already enabled, I suggest to reset your permissions: Resolve issues caused by changing the permissions of items in your home folder From there, test and see if you're able to add an application for screen recording in the Privacy pane.

Kind regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2020 4:01 PM in response to WillFriedwald2

Hello WillFriedwald2,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand you're unable to add an application for screen recording in the Privacy pane of Security & Privacy via System Preferences. I'll be happy to help.

It looks like you've already gone through all of the steps on the Zoom Help Center, which is good: Sharing your screen – Zoom Help Center

After that, I recommend contacting their support: Contact Us - Zoom

I also recommend to verify that you have, "Read & Write" enabled for your user account on the Mac. Here's a helpful article with the proper steps: Change permissions for files, folders, or disks on Mac

Now if that doesn't help and, "Read & Write" is already enabled, I suggest to reset your permissions: Resolve issues caused by changing the permissions of items in your home folder From there, test and see if you're able to add an application for screen recording in the Privacy pane.

Kind regards.

Mar 24, 2020 6:39 PM in response to WillFriedwald2

I'm having a similar problem. I'm not trying to use the screenshare function. I'm just trying to join a regular Zoom meeting. I get a similar message sending me to system preferences to allow Zoom to access my camera and microphone, but there is no Zoom app listed in the camera or microphone sections for me to allow access. I've been trying this for a few days. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Zoom a few times. Today I upgraded my Mac from Mojave to Catalina and am still having the same problem. I don't expect the Zoom people to get back to my submitted question anytime soon. So frustrating.

trying to use ZOOM SCREENSHARE on CATALINA

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.