Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Zoom screen sharing problem

I am trying to share my Zoom screen on my MacBookAir. Something pops up that says I need to "Open system preferences> Security & Privacy to grant access. When I do this, the Zoom icon is faded and won't allow me to select it. Any ideas??? Help!

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 5:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 9:54 PM

JCohen21 Said:

"Zoom screen sharing problem: I am trying to share my Zoom screen on my MacBookAir. Something pops up that says I need to 'Open system preferences> Security & Privacy to grant access. When I do this, the Zoom icon is faded and won't allow me to select it. Any ideas??? Help!"

-------

Troubleshooting Zoom App Operability:

A. Start with Safe Mode:

Hold Down the sign key upon boot. Then log in, seeing if you still ge this error. Then, shutdown after 30 seconds. Next, boot up normally, logging in as the same user. Any difference? For instructions, go here: How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

B. Single-Out this User:

Create another administrator user, logging into it, seeing if you get this error. If not, then is its a misconfiguration on your current user. If so, then it is an issue with your macOS, and you must reinstall the macOS. This is for troubleshooting. So, trash this user when no longer needed.  Go Here: Set Up Users, Guests, and Groups on Mac - Apple Support

C. Add as a Login Item:

What happens when you add Zoom as a login item? Add it as such, log out, and then log back in, seeing if you still get this error.  Go Here: Open Items Automatically when you Log In on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2022 9:54 PM in response to JCohen21

JCohen21 Said:

"Zoom screen sharing problem: I am trying to share my Zoom screen on my MacBookAir. Something pops up that says I need to 'Open system preferences> Security & Privacy to grant access. When I do this, the Zoom icon is faded and won't allow me to select it. Any ideas??? Help!"

-------

Troubleshooting Zoom App Operability:

A. Start with Safe Mode:

Hold Down the sign key upon boot. Then log in, seeing if you still ge this error. Then, shutdown after 30 seconds. Next, boot up normally, logging in as the same user. Any difference? For instructions, go here: How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

B. Single-Out this User:

Create another administrator user, logging into it, seeing if you get this error. If not, then is its a misconfiguration on your current user. If so, then it is an issue with your macOS, and you must reinstall the macOS. This is for troubleshooting. So, trash this user when no longer needed.  Go Here: Set Up Users, Guests, and Groups on Mac - Apple Support

C. Add as a Login Item:

What happens when you add Zoom as a login item? Add it as such, log out, and then log back in, seeing if you still get this error.  Go Here: Open Items Automatically when you Log In on Mac - Apple Support

Zoom screen sharing problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.