Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Album artwork greyed out

I received this album straight from The Weeknd's shop and the album artwork that comes with the album is greyed out. I have even downloaded the album art that was provided before the album released and that one looks like it should. I have attached two pictures of this issue: One is from how it looks in my downloads folder, the other is what it looks like when I uploaded to my iTunes. The last one is the file I got from their store. I tried downloading the album from the store many times with the same result. I have attempted to delete the artwork within my iTunes and then re-adding it but that hasn't work either. It seems theres something wrong with the artwork embedded into the album that was provided. I am running iTunes version: 12.8.2.3 on a Macbook. Do you know how to solve this, please? I have spoken with their support and I am struggling to find an answer. Please help! Thanks!

MacBook

Posted on Mar 20, 2020 11:18 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Mar 21, 2020 11:02 AM in response to kmarch386

Hello kmarch386,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are having an issue with artwork in iTunes on your Mac. To help isolate this, use safe mode to start up your Mac as it does the following things:

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed
  • Loads only required kernel extensions
  • Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically
  • Disables user-installed fonts
  • Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

Log in to your user account and test the issue while in safe mode and then restart normally and test the issue again.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Graphics performance limited in macOS Recovery, safe mode, or Guest User mode

Cheers!

Mar 24, 2020 10:51 AM in response to kmarch386

Thanks for replying, kmarch386, and that additional info, it really helps! Next, make sure your Mac is up to date, as the updates contain stability fixes that can resolve issues like yours, as well as important security updates to keep your Mac safe.

How to update the software on your Mac

Use the App Store to update apps on Mac

Next, try running First Aid on your hard drive with the built in Disk Utility tool, as this can correct simple issues like you're experiencing.

Disk Utility for Mac: Repair a disk using Disk Utility

Have a great day and thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Mar 24, 2020 4:09 PM in response to MoonJ.

Hello again. I tried the above as well, and still the same thing is happening. It seems that the download file comes greyed out from the start and not sure how to change that. I reached out to the customer support team of the company that is providing the album link, but they have been unable to figure out a solution as well. Thanks again!

Apr 6, 2020 11:37 AM in response to kmarch386

Hi, in my experience it could be due to: a) the artwork included into the audio file (mp3 or arc) is too big, keep it not bigger than 800x800 pixels b) you need to "refresh" the albums artwork cache, very unusual cause when reopened the app should do it by itself, anyway, change from "music" to "postcards" (or another) and then return to "music". Hope this could help. Best regards.

PD: please excuse me if my writing is a bit awful but english is not my native language.

Album artwork greyed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.