Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

incorrect album .jpg

Album artwork in iTUnes shows up correctly on each song, but not on the cover/display for the album in the grid. I have a miscellaneous file that is stuck on many albums after a get artwork search. I have tried to delete and put the correct .jpg in, and it corrects in the individual songs, but not the album. Any suggestions to make artwork "stick" on the album? I have tried restarting itunes, playing the first song on the album, playing a song from another album then the first song on the affected album, again, confirming that files are not read-only

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 5:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 7:41 AM

Thanks Turing. I was able to work around, or figure a solution. First I clear all non-importing files, except jpeg, from the the digital directory of the album I am importing. Then I import. which usually comes in an unnamed album, unnamed author, in recent albums. I correct the album and author names, and set any global info I need, type of music, year, disc_ of _, etc., and artwork, then save. All changes are saved to each song. I then go to each song, and enter song number on disk, and any other comments, etc. If album cover does not automatically appear after closing/saving last song, I delete the entire album, and re-import. As all tags and other meta-data have been saved to each song by prior process, album cover imports and displays properly in grid. On occasion, it does not, but it has always been user error on my part, where I did not change some data on one or more songs, and it confuses iTunes, causing it to display the default "blank" icon. Correcting those entries usually makes the album cover display automatically upon closing the edit screen; on a few occasions I had to go through the delete and re-import the entire album, but all album covers are displaying properly now.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2021 7:41 AM in response to turingtest2

Thanks Turing. I was able to work around, or figure a solution. First I clear all non-importing files, except jpeg, from the the digital directory of the album I am importing. Then I import. which usually comes in an unnamed album, unnamed author, in recent albums. I correct the album and author names, and set any global info I need, type of music, year, disc_ of _, etc., and artwork, then save. All changes are saved to each song. I then go to each song, and enter song number on disk, and any other comments, etc. If album cover does not automatically appear after closing/saving last song, I delete the entire album, and re-import. As all tags and other meta-data have been saved to each song by prior process, album cover imports and displays properly in grid. On occasion, it does not, but it has always been user error on my part, where I did not change some data on one or more songs, and it confuses iTunes, causing it to display the default "blank" icon. Correcting those entries usually makes the album cover display automatically upon closing the edit screen; on a few occasions I had to go through the delete and re-import the entire album, but all album covers are displaying properly now.

incorrect album .jpg

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.