Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes album cover art

I recently purchased 2 albums from the iTunes Store, saved them to my Playlist & then burned them to CDs. Upon downloading to my computer, the cover art disappeared. I cannot print a CD jewel case insert that shows the album cover, even if I import it. It just brings up the play list and the half which would show the album cover is blank. This problems seems to have happened after the Caataline 10.15.6 update. iTunes Store doesn't seem to be able to download missing album art.

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 8:33 PM

I have the same issue after upgrading the OS to version 10.15.6.

I called Apple support about it, talked to a senior advisor and was told this is a known issue and hopefully Apple will fix it sometime soon.

Otherwise, the only fix I know is to manually add the album art, one at a time. Definitely, a big pain!!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2020 8:33 PM in response to pinhead01

I have the same issue after upgrading the OS to version 10.15.6.

I called Apple support about it, talked to a senior advisor and was told this is a known issue and hopefully Apple will fix it sometime soon.

Otherwise, the only fix I know is to manually add the album art, one at a time. Definitely, a big pain!!

Jul 22, 2020 3:54 PM in response to pinhead01

Hello pinhead01,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! We see you're looking for some missing iTunes artwork, and we'd like to do what we can to help out.

If you go to the song in your library, right click on it and then select Get Info. In the Artwork tab, do you see the artwork?

This page in the iTunes User Guide shows how to Add artwork to content in iTunes on Mac

If you're not able to find the artwork, you'll want to contact Apple's iTunes Store support.

Take care!

Jul 23, 2020 7:51 AM in response to brenden dv

Thank you for your reply. Still doesn't work. I have been downloading music and burning albums from the iTunes Store for several years and this is the first time I have had an issue with the artwork. Based on other discussions within the Apple Support Communities, it seems to be an Apple issue, most likely after the recent Catalina update. Hopefully it will be corrected in the near future.

iTunes album cover art

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.