Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple Itunes Library Access and are Multiple Apple Match Subscriptions Needed?

I am at 100,000 songs on my Main iTunes library, with Apple Match, putting Files into The Cloud, which I Access on my iPhone for Playback.

I recently Opened a Second iTunes Library on my MacBook Pro Laptop.

How can I Access BOTH libraries on my Devices?

and

Do I Need a Second Apple Match Subscription for the Second Library?

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 21, 2020 6:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2020 9:56 AM

See Authorization vs. association - Apple Community for reasons why you'll run into trouble trying to use two accounts/subscriptions with a single computer or device. A second library signed into the same Apple ID and with iCloud Music Library (AKA Sync Library) enabled will show your current cloud library, but you can keep additional content in a separate library that isn't connected to the cloud. Hold down Shift (Win) or Option (Mac) when launching iTunes to switch between libraries.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2020 9:56 AM in response to Gle2nn

See Authorization vs. association - Apple Community for reasons why you'll run into trouble trying to use two accounts/subscriptions with a single computer or device. A second library signed into the same Apple ID and with iCloud Music Library (AKA Sync Library) enabled will show your current cloud library, but you can keep additional content in a separate library that isn't connected to the cloud. Hold down Shift (Win) or Option (Mac) when launching iTunes to switch between libraries.

tt2

Multiple Itunes Library Access and are Multiple Apple Match Subscriptions Needed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.