Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since I uploaded Catalina, my Teams microphone stopped working. I went into privacy and security and looked under microphone and Teams was not on the righthand table to be checked. There was no where to check microsoft Teams. It worked before.

Since I uploaded Catalina, my Teams microphone stopped working. I went into privacy and security and looked under microphone and Teams was not on the righthand table to be checked. There was no where to check microsoft Teams. It worked before I "upgraded".

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Mar 22, 2020 5:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2020 5:52 PM

Hello, GimlieX.

A quick google search of your symptoms suggests that mic issues are not uncommon. In some instances Microsoft recommends that an uninstall and reinstall of the Teams app may be the fix. That's a common enough fix for many similar issues.

I recommend you uninstall the app per Microsoft's instructions, then reinstall and reevaluate the problem.

Similar questions

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2020 5:52 PM in response to GimlieX

Hello, GimlieX.

A quick google search of your symptoms suggests that mic issues are not uncommon. In some instances Microsoft recommends that an uninstall and reinstall of the Teams app may be the fix. That's a common enough fix for many similar issues.

I recommend you uninstall the app per Microsoft's instructions, then reinstall and reevaluate the problem.

Apr 25, 2020 9:22 AM in response to GimlieX

Hi,

Just to add a few other apps that aren't working with the onboard microphone since updating the OS a few weeks ago. I have bounced between Teams, and a personal version of Skype, GoToMeeting and Zoom, all of which don't work consistently. I was on a long call yesterday with Zoom and after 2.5 hours, I lost the microphone, again. I went to Zoom because GoToMeeting wouldn't work with my mic at all. My solution: AirPods almost exclusively, and, on occasion, a separate, wired camera and microphone. I just have to by-pass the built in devices until Apple comes up with a fix (hopefully, soon!).

Good luck to us all with this issue and trying to work from home. Stay safe and healthy.

(MacBook Air, late 2013; 8gb RAM and 500gb storage; OS 10.15.4; latest version of all mentioned software)

Since I uploaded Catalina, my Teams microphone stopped working. I went into privacy and security and looked under microphone and Teams was not on the righthand table to be checked. There was no where to check microsoft Teams. It worked before.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.