Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with several app needed mic/cam which do not appear in Security & Policy

Hi,

Everything in title. I try to use Skype, Slack or Chrome (whereby.com) to make call but they don't appear in Security & Policy > microphone or camera so I can't allow them. I can't find a way to add them manually in this menu.

If I try whereby.com with Safari it works like a charm.

I'm new on mac and I made the upgrade to Catalina just before starting to use my mac to avoid know migration issues. In the beginning it worked but I have several setups with screens and USB headsets depending if I'm at home, work or in train. Mac always had problem to switch (specially with Slack) but I could find a way. Now it's totally screwed up for several days.

I installed all my apps with brew.

Thank for your help

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 1:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2019 1:35 PM

If someone loose himself here, I solved my problem. It was a PRAM corrupted issue. I follow the step #3 of this solution and it works : https://softwaretested.com/mac/how-to-fix-microphone-problems-on-macos-mojave/

Similar questions

3 replies

Problem with several app needed mic/cam which do not appear in Security & Policy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.