Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2020 mac mini ram upgrade

Can I upgrade ram in new mac mini at a later date or is ram soldered in?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Mar 23, 2020 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2020 8:20 AM

The latest Mac Mini is a 2018 model.

Apple does not consider the RAM user upgradable and you will likely void the warranty if you damage something.

see > Upgrade or install memory in your Mac mini - Apple Support

If you do decide to dig in and upgrade the RAM yourself, you should watch the following video.

at > https://eshop.macsales.com/shop/memory/owc/apple-mac-mini/2018

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2020 8:20 AM in response to stutelf

The latest Mac Mini is a 2018 model.

Apple does not consider the RAM user upgradable and you will likely void the warranty if you damage something.

see > Upgrade or install memory in your Mac mini - Apple Support

If you do decide to dig in and upgrade the RAM yourself, you should watch the following video.

at > https://eshop.macsales.com/shop/memory/owc/apple-mac-mini/2018

Apr 30, 2020 5:32 PM in response to stutelf

The real question is.. did they know about and remedy the issue of it's wifi causing external drives (only thunderbolt?? or all?) disconnecting. Also.. bluetooth is so bad from ten feet away as to be unusable. Trust me I"ve tried everything as a tech of 30 years. Even OWC stopped supporting a whole range of Macs due to this. That's not good. Same apple BT keyboard and mouse works fine with my five other 2007-2012 MacBook Pro laptops and 2014 mini so..

Can anyone check the part numbers for the Wifi card, bluetooth, or possibly more shielding on the external ports? Despite switching schools to Mac for years.. we personally have bought two Macs new since 2007. All were seriously flawed.

Still love Mac. just requesting increased qc testing. I'm glad to help if they need. I teach shops how to QC finished products. Insanely great is a noble cause.

2020 mac mini ram upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.