Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Strange backup behavior

I have my iPhone 11 plugged into my iMac via USB and open iTunes (still on Mojave) in order to do a backup. I intend to do both a local, encrypted backup AND a backup to iCloud. I choose the iCloud option first and then Backup Now button. The backup appears to be happening and takes just a few minutes. When finished, the "Latest backup" info only shows an iCloud backup from about 6 months ago, and the "To this computer" backup shows a couple of minutes prior - when I specifically chose iCloud. Then I chose backup to This Computer, it appears to happen, and the time updates as expected, to This Computer. Then I try again, carefully choosing to backup to iCloud. And again, Latest Backup shows a 6 month old date for iCloud but 'to This computer' shows the just completed backup. What gives? Why can't I backup to iCloud? Before I started all this I specifically signed up to pay for 50 gig per month, tho I was only using 2 of the 5 free gigs. If I don't have enough room to backup to iCloud, shouldn't iTunes give me some sort of warning message??

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 23, 2020 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2020 3:15 PM

you are backing up to itunes and not icloud.

Read here how to backup to icloud How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies

Strange backup behavior

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.