Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ridiculous battery drain - iPhone 13.3.1

My iPhone battery is draining 15% or more every 5 minutes. It does seem to drain faster with Safari app open.

It’s even draining while my phone is turned off at night. It was at 60% when I turned it off last night, and when I turned it on this morning it had drained down to zero so I has to plug in the charging cable. This has happened several times, which it had never done before.

My battery capacity looks to be okay.

I did a complete factory reset & restored my backup from iTunes, and it is still draining rapidly.

What is Apple doing?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Mar 23, 2020 10:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2020 11:46 PM

What do you mean by "what is apple doing?". There can be several reasons why battery might be draining that fast.Either there may be an issue with the battery hardware that it requires service or either it can be due to the battery usage or it might be some other issue which might not be detected as a hardware issue. A normal iphone battery can retain upto 80% of charge capacity and 500 cycles.You can contact apple support so that they can run a battery diagnostics and do the needful.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2020 11:46 PM in response to bsmith24

What do you mean by "what is apple doing?". There can be several reasons why battery might be draining that fast.Either there may be an issue with the battery hardware that it requires service or either it can be due to the battery usage or it might be some other issue which might not be detected as a hardware issue. A normal iphone battery can retain upto 80% of charge capacity and 500 cycles.You can contact apple support so that they can run a battery diagnostics and do the needful.

Ridiculous battery drain - iPhone 13.3.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.