Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone6 battery draining

Recently my iphone6 (yes, I know, old but I can’t afford upgrade) battery has been draining erratically. Eg, Up at 90%, then down to 20 and then to 1. I’ve turned it off and on and percentage jumps up but then it starts all over again. Screen has been going black as well. How can this be fixed? I really can’t afford a new phone

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 4:30 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

Apr 4, 2020 4:39 PM in response to janrob61

Those are signs of a failing battery (could be other things as well) so let's check that first. Open Settings ➔ Battery ➔ Battery Health and then check the percentage for Maximum Capacity. If that value is near or less than 80% then it is time to get the battery replaced. What does it say under Peak Performance on the same screen?

Let us know what you discover as mentioned above and we will take things from there.

Axel F.

Apr 4, 2020 6:56 PM in response to janrob61

I don't have a resolution as far as when these centers will be open for service again. The question is what can you do while they are closed and I recommend that you contact Apple Support by clicking on the Contact Support option at top right of this page and ask Apple directly for solutions to replace the batter during these unprecedented times.

Axel F.

Iphone6 battery draining

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.