Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music iTunes not working or opening

When I click on iTunes Store in Apple Music it never loads, a grey circle just spins and nothing else happens. The same goes for Apple Music, I cannot get it to load. I don't know how to even start to fix this.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 24, 2020 8:44 AM

4 replies

Mar 25, 2020 9:45 AM in response to shumhumbum

Hi there, shumhumbum.

I see that you're unable to access Apple Music and the iTunes Store in the Music application on your device. It just constantly buffers, and I'm glad to help with this.

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music -- If you're using an iOS device, make sure that "Show Apple Music" and  "Sync Library" are both turned on. If you're using a Mac, make sure that "Sync Library" is on.

If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or Apple Books -- If you're still unable to see the iTunes Store in the Music app, use the steps provided in this article.

If this doesn't correct the problem, please answer the following questions:

What device are you using, and which operating system is it currently on?

If you’re using an iOS device, are you able to access iTunes Store alone?

What troubleshooting steps have you tried to correct this issue?

Let me know how that goes, and take care!

Apr 6, 2020 5:55 PM in response to chuck_3rd

The problem is back again. I am having a LOT of issues...iTunes won't open, Apple Music won't open or work, and I can't get my music right, only about 1/4 of the songs I had still exist and didn't randomly disappear. I cannot get my iPhone and music to sync properly....I'm supper disappointed with my computer, which I got brand new in December. Just one thing after another.

Apple Music iTunes not working or opening

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.