Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t conference additional callers after 13.3.1 upgrade

I can’t add additional callers using my iPhone 7plus running IOS 13.3.1. I used to be able to do this while on IOS 12. I took myself off of WiFi. I use Verizon as my carrier. I call the first caller and try to add a second. The second call goes on “HOLD” and then everyone is disconnects. Help??

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Mar 24, 2020 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2020 3:14 PM

THIS DID NOT Solve my problem.

My carrier, Verizon, confirmed that conferencing multiple calls (up to 5) is supported by my plan. In fact, their instructions for how to do this on my iPhone 7 Plus are exactly the same as Apple’s instructions. I was able to make this work only once.

AFter I call the first caller, I press the + to add a caller. I see the original caller placed on HOLD. After I dial the second caller and successfully connect, I press the “merge calls” button. Nothing happens for a few seconds. Then the “HOLD” button is lit. If I wait a bit, without touching the HOLD button, the call gets disconnected. Similarly, if I press the HOLD button, I also lose both callers. Now what? I have the most current IOS, by the way.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2020 3:14 PM in response to Teddy_B

THIS DID NOT Solve my problem.

My carrier, Verizon, confirmed that conferencing multiple calls (up to 5) is supported by my plan. In fact, their instructions for how to do this on my iPhone 7 Plus are exactly the same as Apple’s instructions. I was able to make this work only once.

AFter I call the first caller, I press the + to add a caller. I see the original caller placed on HOLD. After I dial the second caller and successfully connect, I press the “merge calls” button. Nothing happens for a few seconds. Then the “HOLD” button is lit. If I wait a bit, without touching the HOLD button, the call gets disconnected. Similarly, if I press the HOLD button, I also lose both callers. Now what? I have the most current IOS, by the way.

Mar 25, 2020 3:41 PM in response to Teddy_B

Still NOT resolved. My carrier plan supports this feature. I tried conferencing from another iPhone 7 which is still on IOS 12.3.1 (which is what was on my iPhone7 Plus until I recently upgraded it to IOS 13.3.1) and the other iPhone can conference calls easily. I have tested this while calling via WiFi and just on the usual carrier service. Same results. What do I try now??

Can’t conference additional callers after 13.3.1 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.