Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My old ipad pro (2015ish) crashed. Even after multiple upgrades to my MacBook Pro (now running OS 10.15) the message I get when I hit either restore or update is

My old ipad pro (2015ish) crashed. Even after multiple upgrades to my MacBook Pro (now running OS 10.15) the message I get when I hit either restore or update is "Software for this iPad is currently unavailable". Apple support assured me before my last upgrade to 10.15 that the only problem was that everything was not updated, but now it is. Any suggestions for what to try next? I guess it's possible a cable is not working.

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 24, 2020 5:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2020 5:10 PM

Hello,

Please refer to the following Apple Support document.

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies

My old ipad pro (2015ish) crashed. Even after multiple upgrades to my MacBook Pro (now running OS 10.15) the message I get when I hit either restore or update is

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.