Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPAD Air II suddenly gets the spinning wheel of death. IOS update was one week ago

My iPad air II suddenly went into the spinning wheel of death. I googled the issue and was quickly prompted to try all the resets available. None worked. I hooked up the charge cable to my PC to try and see if a driver update can fix this and this process also failed. In "properties" for device driver it is showing that the driver is non existent. The iPad is on but only shows an image prompting the plugging in of the cable and the top of screen is the link for support.apple.com/ipad/restore.

When I try to search the link, it is dead.

Why did Apple brick my device with a dodgy update ???

It was working perfectly before the update. I will not be expected to take my device to an apple store and PAY to have this fixed either. It is their fault.

What do I do now ? Is there something I can do ?

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 3:53 PM

Your iPad must be restored:

If you see the Restore screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

These support pages outline the available methods to restore an iPad - either from a backup, or to Factory Settings:

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch from a backup – Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

Restore all content to iPad from a backup - Apple Support

You’ll need access to either a PC (with iTunes installed) or a Mac (with iTunes or Finder - as appropriate for the installed version of MacOS).

Download and use iTunes for Windows – Apple Support

Update to the latest version of iTunes – Apple Support

Use of a PC or Mac computer is unavoidable. If you don’t have access to a suitable computer of your own, that of a helpful friend or family member will suffice. Alternatively, the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) will be delighted to assist.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2021 3:53 PM in response to TonyM_71

Your iPad must be restored:

If you see the Restore screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

These support pages outline the available methods to restore an iPad - either from a backup, or to Factory Settings:

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch from a backup – Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

Restore all content to iPad from a backup - Apple Support

You’ll need access to either a PC (with iTunes installed) or a Mac (with iTunes or Finder - as appropriate for the installed version of MacOS).

Download and use iTunes for Windows – Apple Support

Update to the latest version of iTunes – Apple Support

Use of a PC or Mac computer is unavoidable. If you don’t have access to a suitable computer of your own, that of a helpful friend or family member will suffice. Alternatively, the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) will be delighted to assist.

IPAD Air II suddenly gets the spinning wheel of death. IOS update was one week ago

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.