Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Free up space

Just downgraded my macbook pro from mac os catalina to mac os mojave. Before downgrading, took a backup on time machine. Now after downgrading, system is showing just 22GB free out of 500 GB, whereas only 12GB is used space. Nothing else on the system. I am not able to take backup due to lack of space. What needs t be done here?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 25, 2020 4:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2020 5:00 AM

krtkgpta wrote:

Just downgraded my macbook pro from mac os catalina to mac os mojave. Before downgrading, took a backup on time machine. Now after downgrading, system is showing just 22GB free out of 500 GB, whereas only 12GB is used space. Nothing else on the system. I am not able to take backup due to lack of space. What needs t be done here?

From internet Recovery—

Revert your Mac to a previous macOS version - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2020 5:00 AM in response to krtkgpta

krtkgpta wrote:

From internet Recovery—

Revert your Mac to a previous macOS version - Apple Support

Free up space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.