Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Family Sharing

Using MacBook Air Catalina OS. Set up a Family. Purchase methods are in place. Share my purchases is checked. Cannot invite a Family member. When the invitee's email address or name is entered, the dialog says, "this action cannot be completed at this time". Using current Safari browser. Tried restart, but same result.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 25, 2020 12:48 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 26, 2020 12:47 PM in response to Bumpy52

Hello Bumpy52,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I see you're having some difficulty adding a family member to Family Sharing but you keep getting a message that the action can't be completed. I'll be happy to help.

Manage your Apple ID -- Make sure you're both able to log into the Apple ID website. This needs to be completed through a browser on a Mac or PC.

Family Sharing -- You will want to make sure the device they are using is supported.

Set up Family Sharing -- While you have others in your family group, you may want to double check and make sure nothing was missed in the setup process.

Let me know how that goes and take care!

iCloud Family Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.