Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X plugins don’t validate

Hi, I recently bought Logic Pro X and suddenly LPX’s built-in effects plugins are not working as they should.

I’ve tried rescanning then in the Plugin Manager, and the first couple of plugins have validated, although it says Version number 1.6.0. The rest of the plugins have Version nr 10.4.8 - but they don’t validate when I try to rescan.

Is it correct that for example AUBandpass should be a 1.6.0 Version when using Logic Pro X?

(For info, my previous version was Logic Express 9 - I’ve been using Ableton for a number of year and only recently started using Logic and bought Pro X 10.4.8)

Could the problem be that Logic X plugins got confused by old Logic Express files/plugins??

Or, could it just be that Pro X plugins just haven’t installed correctly, or at all? I checked the Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components folder and can see that there aren’t any plugins listed there, so perhaps this could be the problem?? If so how do I install this? I have deleted Logic from my Applications folder a couple of times and restarted the machine but the Plugin Manager is still unable to rescan to are validate those plugins.

Any help is much appreciated! :)

Posted on Mar 26, 2020 5:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 12:00 PM

Hello, it was actually the standard Compressor that didn’t seem to work, but I understand now that it just changed slightly in the latest version.

It was on a Logic discussion thread somewhere on the internet that I got the tip about checking the Components folder for fault finding. I actually had the Logic Effects presets listed for my old Logic Express 9 listed on my old machine, but not for Logic X. Not sure why that is, but either way, I’ve been testing things out in Logic now and figured out that the Compressor is fine (just working differently) so seems to be all good now.

But thanks for your feedback!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2020 12:00 PM in response to Eriksimon

Hello, it was actually the standard Compressor that didn’t seem to work, but I understand now that it just changed slightly in the latest version.

It was on a Logic discussion thread somewhere on the internet that I got the tip about checking the Components folder for fault finding. I actually had the Logic Effects presets listed for my old Logic Express 9 listed on my old machine, but not for Logic X. Not sure why that is, but either way, I’ve been testing things out in Logic now and figured out that the Compressor is fine (just working differently) so seems to be all good now.

But thanks for your feedback!

Mar 26, 2020 5:43 AM in response to FenderSquireStrat

Logic's plugins are pre-validated. You can't revalidate them. If they malfunction, validation is not the issue.

The AU...etc plugins are not Logic's, they are part of Mac OS, so they are there on every Mac OS for every Mac computer, they are treated as 3rd party by Logic. Not all of them are 1.6.0, but that is the correct version for most.

Also, Logic's plugins are built into the application, so they are not in any component folder.

Mar 26, 2020 2:13 PM in response to FenderSquireStrat

FenderSquireStrat wrote:

Hi, Ok thank for explaining.

You're welcome.

Do you know what should do instead if they don’t work as they should?
And is it a problem if they aren’t listed in the Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components folder?

"They" are the Apple AU... plugins? They are also not in the components folder - I actually don't where they are, I'll have a look - probably somewhere in the top Library or the System Library.

In what way do they not work as they should?

Logic Pro X plugins don’t validate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.