Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X won't have instruments plugins or Vsts appear (but my effects plugins will appear)

To mention first, I have re installed my regular plugins and 3rd party plugins multiple times and have tried restarting my computer (Mac) and Logic many different times.

When I install an effect plugin (that isn't an instrument plugin) that'll show up in my mixer window for example, then I'll be able to see it and use it. Sometimes they won't appear right away, but I'll go to the plugin manager like many people suggest, I'll reset and rescan selection and then my effect plugins will appear. For example, I tried this with a free plugin called Veloco, and after I reset and rescanned my selection and it was all compatible etc, then it'd appear once I went to mixer and add effect where you'd see it listed with its Manufacturer at the very bottom.

I'm happy that my effects are all appearing (well I hope all of them are appearing and that there's not a bunch that are secretly missing), but it's not the same story with the instrument side of things.

Any plugin or Vst that I've gotten up to date, won't show up in any way whatsoever in the add instruments menu/library. The instruments though, will show up beside their manufacturer when I check inside the plugin Manager. Not only that, they pass all the validations when I select reset and rescan selection, and I'll be told they're compatible and ready to use. They'll just never show up though, no matter how many times I rescan them or restart my Mac or Logic. I don't see anywhere in my instrument library that says "Au instruments" or anything, they're no where to be seen.

This has been frustrating for me so far, because for a decent bit of time I've been entirely stuck on using Logic's default sound library, with a couple of my own effects plugins added in here or there. Mind you, Logic's default instruments aren't bad, but I've been able to get myself stuff that's a little better but I can't use it. I recently bought Native Instruments Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors Edition which was a big one, but I can't find it, and it's a massive sound library that comes with it from what I saw. I also can't seem to use Omnisphere, some of my other 3rd party pluggins, a couple expansion packs that I downloaded off the native instruments website, or any of my old pro tools plugins. Fyi, the plugins that are coming from Pro tools pass the validation tests and Logic tells me that they're "success compat...."and in "use" , so they should be able to use inside Logic too which would be super awesome for me.

I know I rambled there, but that basically lays out the issue I've been having, the instruments don't appear anywhere and I've tried all the normal solutions people have been giving me so far.

Is there any solutions people know to get all these missing instruments to appear for me, and has anyone run into this issue with Logic before?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 12:54 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Aug 26, 2020 9:41 AM in response to Wilddrums

Just when I was going to send the screenshots, I happened to understand what you were saying before, my bad sorry. I kept on thinking that the instructions meant to create the software instrument first and then to be looking for the instrument channel strip. Now I see how I can change it from the default one before I even press "create". So I see all my AU instruments now, funny how I missed that so easily.

One thing though, is if I ever wanted to switch an instrument track quickly just to toggle around with all my available sounds, I guess it means I'll have to go make a new software instrument every time and delete the old one? Guess it doesn't take much longer to do but it's more tedious.

Aug 26, 2020 10:13 AM in response to BobMcguffin

No need to delete the Instrument. You can switch Instrument using the Instrument Slot.

One more thing:

The Library is context sensitive.

For example, mouse over slightly to the left of the Instrument Slot.

There is a small triangle. Click on it.

Now the Library shows presets for the Instrument.

I strongly recommend that you get the Logic User Guide for more information.

Available in Web and PDF formats on the Apple site or as books in the Apple Book Store.

All free.

WD

Logic Pro X won't have instruments plugins or Vsts appear (but my effects plugins will appear)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.