Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Logic Instruments and Effects

Hey, All.

I just migrated from an old (2012) iMac to a Mac Studio Max.

Aside from the Silicon incompatibilities, i do have Logic Pro X 10.7.4 running with my essential third-party plugins. But, there are no Logic instruments or effects available from the same menus where i select my other effects.

If i choose a preset in the Library, though—the appropriate Logic instrument will be initiated. For example, Alchemy and Sampler will open. But, even while open they are still not shown in that channel strip menu where any other plugin would be initiated. And if i close those two Logic plugins and use a third party, the Logic instrument i just had running will not be shown in the menu as a Recent.

I'm just getting used to Monterey after having been stuck on Mojave for forever... and maybe this is just another 'tweak' to the UI and all of the instruments/effects are now found somewhere else? That would be strange/unfortunate, though....

I tried trashing the com.apple.audiounits.cache file, but that didn't resolve anything.

Show me the light?

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 2:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 12:37 AM

Well, i tried a few things, but i think this is what resolved the issue:

Plug-in Manager > Restore Default Settings.

Either that, or Reset & Rescan Selection with LOGIC selected in the Manufacturer panel at left?

Whatever. But i'm back in business.

Similar questions

4 replies

Jul 13, 2022 3:27 PM in response to derek stanton

I just migrated from an old (2012) iMac to a Mac Studio Max.

This is very likely a bad idea. You cant't expect to get a working environment by migrating old, non-compatible instances (application, plugins, preferences, other system relevant files) to a new computer with a new chip on a new OS. You can search the internet getting some solutions, but i recommend do a clean, new, fresh install. However, it's possible to migrate documents like projects, but I would (and I did in the past) copy documents and projects manually.

Jul 13, 2022 3:33 PM in response to yoyoBen

I have already worked out sorting the incompatible plugins. All the third-party stuff is working. I don't have old projects to 'migrate'—actually, i haven't even tried to open any old project files. I'm just trying to get the most basic aspect of the app to work. I would have thought the Logic Instruments would just work, as part of the app install/update. To clarify, the app is not the same one i ran on the old iMac. I'm talking about an install of the current version. And, again, the instruments are in there, somewhere, because they start when i access them through a factory preset, but i just can't find them in the usual menu.

Missing Logic Instruments and Effects

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.