Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable "Slide Over" in Google Drive when launched from Google Docs app on iOS?

Hello all --

With all of the school closures, we are making heavy use of Google Docs and Google Drive for our kids' school work. We are running into challenges in navigating materials that the school is sharing via Google Docs, especially if they link to additional materials in Google Drive.

In particular, homework and daily agendas are being distributed in a shared Google Doc. These will often include links to a PDF or a Video. If you view the Google Doc on iOS (e.g. iPad or iPhone) and then click on one of those links to a file (PDF, Video, etc) in Google Drive, it appears using iOS' "Slide Over" feature: the Google Drive app opens up in a narrow window overlaid on the Google Dock, and the file (PDF, Video, etc) is shown in that tiny window, and is usually too small to be viewed effectively.

There doesn't appear to be a way to say "view this in the full app"

There doesn't appear to be a way to say "please maximize this view to the whole screen"

There doesn't appear to be a way to fully close the Slide Over window. You can drag it off screen, but if you click the link again, it shows up again as Slide Over.

I realize this might be better suited to the Google forums, but given that the issue is iOS-specific I thought I'd start here.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ramon

iPad Air Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 26, 2020 12:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2020 1:58 PM

Hello,

You can disable Multitasking entirely in Settings Home Screen & Dock.

How to use Slide Over on your iPad — Apple Support

How to multitask with Split View on your iPad — Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Disable "Slide Over" in Google Drive when launched from Google Docs app on iOS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.