Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Annoying Quicklook icon

I use the Quicklook feature ... A LOT. I like it for easily scrolling through voluminous photo files, especially multiple similar versions while doing back and forth comparisons of other images before I choose to Preview or copy it using the Screen Grab feature. The problem I have always had with Apple's media controls when it comes to images or videos is the actual controls show up ON THE SCREEN covering part of the scene or picture. In the case of images, I sometimes want to focus. on the right hand corner of an image which is now covered by black icon that appears be some type of clipboard or copy function. Why? The only way to get rid of it is to actually open the file (images) in Preview - which defeats the purpose of Quicklook. I don't what to have to open hundreds of files each time to get rid of this black "artifact" when before I could just scroll through and grab (without opening it). Even worse, when I take a screen grab of these quicklook images, the icon is actually copied down in the lower right hand corner as part of the the image. I cannot share images with this mark.. Is there a way to disable whatever this "helpful" icon is? Strangely, it does not appear on every .jpg.

Posted on Nov 4, 2022 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2022 10:18 PM

System Settings > General > Language & Region. Disable Live Text.

Similar questions

4 replies

Nov 4, 2022 9:46 PM in response to Broman5

I now notice this is not a simply a Quicklook issue but a SCREENSHOT issue. This icon now shows up if my cursor happens to move from the corner over an image or video. Someone please help me to disable this. The picture above is a screen shot of video from my security camera. This icon disappears as soon as I move my cursor off of the image.

Nov 4, 2022 10:52 PM in response to dialabrain

Dialabrain: You are the absolute MAN... or WOMAN! This was a feature that I did not even know existed (copy subject). I could find no information about this online or in the "manual" but I did find a youtube video that gave me a hint because I notice when I right click on it I get "copy" and "copy subject" choices. I also learned about live texts. I owe you. Thank you so much, as it was driving me bananas and was "watermarking" all of my screen caps.

Bro

Annoying Quicklook icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.