Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS update issues on my iPhone 7 Plus

I updated the new iOS to 13.4 now when I try to make a phone call I can’t hear anything and vice versa. The speaker part on the phoned is greyed out, everything else on my phone works my phone will ring, speakers work, etc.

theres nothing in my settings that will allow me to delete the updated version. I’ve restarted it to no avail. I don’t wait to reset to factory settings. Is anyone else having this issue and is Apple doing anything to resolve this? Like I said this happened after the update so I know that’s what’s causing this.

thank you.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 26, 2020 6:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 8:35 AM

This is only when making or receiving phone calls. I can make calls through my Bluetooth in my car but not my iPhone itself. Speakers work as I can play and hear music and video. This happened after the latest iOS update.

I turned off my phone for 30 minutes yesterday and when I turned it on still nothing.

197 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2020 8:35 AM in response to Leanne_68

This is only when making or receiving phone calls. I can make calls through my Bluetooth in my car but not my iPhone itself. Speakers work as I can play and hear music and video. This happened after the latest iOS update.

I turned off my phone for 30 minutes yesterday and when I turned it on still nothing.

Apr 6, 2020 8:43 AM in response to Mjf0527

Exactly!!!

my phone was fine before this update I should not have to do a factory reset on my phone from an update from Apple

my speakers text etc works

i can you my phone through my Bluetooth in my car only

now my camera stopped working as a result of this, this is ridiculous obviously something went wrong with this update

Mar 28, 2020 7:10 AM in response to Mjf0527

Hey there Mjf0527,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having some issues with the audio and mic on your iPhone during a call. I’ll be happy to help.

If the speaker is greyed out while on a call, your iPhone may have a hardware issue. To help determine if this is the case and possible resolve this issue, go through the steps in this link:

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker

If you’re having issues with the microphones on your iPhone, follow the guidance in this link:

If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working

Regards.

Mar 31, 2020 8:38 AM in response to Mjf0527

Hi Mjf0527

Thanks for providing those details. If the steps from the above articles had no impact on this issue, the next step would be to back up your iPhone, restore it to factory settings, and test in that condition. These articles can guide you on how to do this:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

If the issue doesn’t continue to occur in the factory state, restore your backup and test once more:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

If the issue continues to occur in factory settings, you’ll want to reach out to Apple Support at the following link to look further into this with you:

Contact Apple for support and service

Take care.

Jul 8, 2020 11:01 AM in response to kathy5050

kathy5050 wrote: "Did you have any luck getting them to repair after submitting this form?"

Kathy ~ My iPhone doesn't have this particular problem. That feedback form is to make Apple aware of a problem and the number of users experiencing it. If it turns out to be a software problem, Apple will fix it in a subsequent iOS update. But for a hardware problem, this is where to start:

Apple Repair

õ¿õ¬

Nov 22, 2020 7:44 AM in response to andee274

Not MY iPhone 7; first, I don’t have one anymore, and second, this is a user-to-user forum; no one posting here works for Apple.

The iPhone 7 is a 4 year old phone, and nothing, not even phones, lasts forever.

I would like to see your evidence that this CLEARLY an Apple flaw. There is ONE known Apple flaw in one version of the iPhone 7, and Apple will fix that—>iPhone 7 Repair Program for "No Service" Issues - Apple Support. Anything else that fails is just a question of old age of the device.

And there’s a simple solution: get a new phone.

If your only point was to rant I apologize for posting actual facts.

Dec 30, 2020 9:24 PM in response to Mjf0527

I just updated my iPhone 7 Plus to 13.4. I am now experiencing this issue as well. It is very strange because I can play audio books, hear call ring tones, text alerts, alarms, watch Videos with the phone speakers however when I try to receive a call I cant hear anything. I also cannot hear anything if I try to make a call! My Father is ill in the hospital across the country, I haven't been able to reach him in days because of this issue! I tried putting my headphones in , the ones that come with the iPhone, while listening to Spotify. Result, the audio will not go to the headphones and plays on speaker, doesn't work for calls either. I know the headphone jack works because my phone wouldn't charge if it didn't!

Tried this: no change

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203794

This won't work because it won't let me record: WIH?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203792

Apple Please help, I need to speak with my father in the Hospital!

Apr 6, 2020 8:39 AM in response to Mjf0527

This cant happen to so many people and just be a minor issue is so wrong

it's a bit fishy not fruity at all

“” Apple give us new phone or free repairs !! Please!! “”

Apple Supervisor says Quote!!

“your iPhone had underlying issues the new software has discovered and can now see”

everyone post your comments and add this to it we need Apple to hear us !?

I have

Phone call mic speaker issue,

voice memo not work,

FaceTime issue, Just hangs up

no voice in camera video,

wifi sometimes disable itself,

home button stop working

all after update !! Please fix it Apple

Apr 28, 2020 8:44 AM in response to Huggards

Apple should give us a free iphone this is wrong the device is defective and will cost $469 out of waranty repair

Please everyone post here and ask apple to replace our device free with iphone 8

Iphone 7 is defective so if we get a New iphone 7 it will have audio ic issue again only way is to replace with iphone 8 or iphone 8 plus ?

Ask apple here ! Everyone ! Add a screenshot of your speaker not working too :)

iOS update issues on my iPhone 7 Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.