Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bug with apple smart keyboard on iPadOS 13.4

There si a bug on my iPad Pro 2018 (iPadOS 13.4).

When I connect my Ipad pro to apple smart keyboard folio and activating AssistiveTouch option with my Master MX mouse, the keyboard does not work well.

Some buttons does not work (e.g. M button). When I disable AssistiveTouch option, everything is working ok.

Does anyone have a similar problem?

I think this is a huge bug.

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 6:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 11:26 AM

Hello,

This is due to you enabling the feature Mouse Keys in AssistiveTouch. As it states, this feature should only be used if you intend to move the pointer cursor with certain keys on a keyboard instead of a physical mouse.

If your iPad’s keyboard does not work when using a mouse on iPadOS 13 - Apple Support

It is also worth noting that with iPadOS 13.4 cursor support is fully integrated which means that you no longer need to use AssistiveTouch in order to use a pointing device.

Use a Bluetooth mouse or trackpad with your iPad - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2020 11:26 AM in response to Jevic989

Hello,

This is due to you enabling the feature Mouse Keys in AssistiveTouch. As it states, this feature should only be used if you intend to move the pointer cursor with certain keys on a keyboard instead of a physical mouse.

If your iPad’s keyboard does not work when using a mouse on iPadOS 13 - Apple Support

It is also worth noting that with iPadOS 13.4 cursor support is fully integrated which means that you no longer need to use AssistiveTouch in order to use a pointing device.

Use a Bluetooth mouse or trackpad with your iPad - Apple Support

Bug with apple smart keyboard on iPadOS 13.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.