Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Security update on Sierra high fails

Then tried to reload Sierra High from recovery, but could not find a disk to reinstall all disks greyed out in selection box including main HD, did a dick first aid everything seems fine.

MacBook

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 3:00 PM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities Alex_UK_Kent,

I see that when you try to do the security updates on your Mac it keeps failing. I'd be happy to look into this with you.

Let's have you try to unmount the disk. The steps are listed in the article below.

Unmount a disk set or disk member using Disk Utility on Mac

If you go through these steps and the issue remains, you'll want to try to reinstall macOS again. The article below can help if needed.

How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery

Let me know how this goes.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2020 3:00 PM in response to Alex_UK_Kent

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities Alex_UK_Kent,

I see that when you try to do the security updates on your Mac it keeps failing. I'd be happy to look into this with you.

Let's have you try to unmount the disk. The steps are listed in the article below.

Unmount a disk set or disk member using Disk Utility on Mac

If you go through these steps and the issue remains, you'll want to try to reinstall macOS again. The article below can help if needed.

How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery

Let me know how this goes.

Security update on Sierra high fails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.