Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar takes tremendous storage amount

Hello.

iPhone storage section from my iPhone settings shows that the native Calendar app takes 3.82 GB for its events, 0 kB for associated data.

Attempts:

• If I delete the app completely from my iPhone, this occupied space transits to the Other section of the iPhone storage menu.
  • Tried to sign out of iCloud, and then back in -- no luck
  • Removed all the calendar sync options from Passwords & Accounts menu -- no luck

How can I clean up this space?

--

thanks,

Alex

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 11:10 AM

Hello, MoonJ.

Thank you for your answer.

Usually "Other" section takes up to 7GB, but in my situation it took up to 12GB, occupying the rest of all the available space.

I have solved my problem by restoring the iPhone to the factory defaults right after copying all the data to my external drive.

Thanks everyone for your input!

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2020 11:10 AM in response to MoonJ.

Hello, MoonJ.

Thank you for your answer.

Usually "Other" section takes up to 7GB, but in my situation it took up to 12GB, occupying the rest of all the available space.

I have solved my problem by restoring the iPhone to the factory defaults right after copying all the data to my external drive.

Thanks everyone for your input!

Mar 28, 2020 3:14 PM in response to S0v3n

Hello, S0v3n!

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you're seeing a large amount of space being used by the Calendar app on your iPhone.

You've taken great steps so far! Are you using the latest iOS version on your iPhone (iOS 13.4)? If not, I recommend backing up then updating your iPhone to help with possible storage issues:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Once you have the latest version installed, check the storage used for the app once more. Should it still appear to take up a large amount of storage, delete the app (instead of "Offload App"), which will delete the app and all related data from your iPhone.

For additional guidance on managing iPhone storage, take a look at the following resource:

About storage on your device and in iCloud - Apple Support

Feel free to post an update.

Best wishes!

Mar 31, 2020 4:23 PM in response to S0v3n

Hello S0v3n,

Thanks for giving those steps a try and providing the update. Exactly how much space is being used by “Other?" Keep in mind that cached files such as “Other” are created when you stream or view content like music, videos, and photos. When you stream music or video, that content is stored as cached files on your device so you can quickly access it again.

Your device automatically removes cached files and temporary files when your device needs more space. However with that being said you can try to adjust any discrepancies using iTunes or Finder by syncing. Take a look at the article listed below.

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Warm Regards.

Calendar takes tremendous storage amount

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.