Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime/Spam

I have done all the suggestions you guys gave. The only difference is that the call came in as Spam number. I deleted the contact and re-entered it with the correct number and still not working. A long time ago I added Spam as a blocked call. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. This is so important because the call is from my mom's nursing home. They are calling me so I can FT with my mom. :(

iPhone 8

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 1:02 PM

Bones,

I am curious about how the call went. Did it show up as spam again? Were you able to speak with your mom?

To answer your question, spam will show up as "Potential Spam" with a telephone number. Blocking the contact will block the number from calls on Phone and FaceTime and messages in the Messages app.

Do you know if the nursing home is using their Apple ID email address or telephone number to initiate the FaceTime calls? They can check at Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > Start new conversations from" on their iPad. You may need to make sure you add the telephone number and/or email address to a contact card in your Contacts to receive the call.

What are they using to call you (e.g. your telephone number or Apple ID email address)? What do you have selected at "Settings > FaceTime > You can by reach by FaceTime at"? Don't send your actual telephone number or Apple ID email address. Just knowing which one you are using to accept calls is sufficient.

Hopefully this helps!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2020 1:02 PM in response to Bones_07_63

Bones,

I am curious about how the call went. Did it show up as spam again? Were you able to speak with your mom?

To answer your question, spam will show up as "Potential Spam" with a telephone number. Blocking the contact will block the number from calls on Phone and FaceTime and messages in the Messages app.

Do you know if the nursing home is using their Apple ID email address or telephone number to initiate the FaceTime calls? They can check at Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > Start new conversations from" on their iPad. You may need to make sure you add the telephone number and/or email address to a contact card in your Contacts to receive the call.

What are they using to call you (e.g. your telephone number or Apple ID email address)? What do you have selected at "Settings > FaceTime > You can by reach by FaceTime at"? Don't send your actual telephone number or Apple ID email address. Just knowing which one you are using to accept calls is sufficient.

Hopefully this helps!

Mar 28, 2020 4:58 PM in response to Bones_07_63

Hi, Bones_07_63.

I'm glad you decided to reach out on Apple Support Communities today. If I understand correctly, you’re not receiving the FaceTime calls from the nursing home on your iPhone 8, and you need to find a resolution. I certainly understand how imperative it is to be able to stay in touch with your loved ones remotely, and I am more than happy to help you get connected with your mom. 

The first thing I would do is remove that spam contact from your blocked numbers. If you have an app set up to filter spam calls, you might try removing that for now as well. I would also make sure that you don’t have “Silence Unknown Callers” toggled on at Settings > Phone as outlined here:

Detect and block spam phone calls

If this doesn’t resolve the issue, can you outline the suggestions have already tried that you referenced in your post and give more details about exactly what happens when the nursing home tries to call? I don’t want to ask you to retrace your steps.

Cheers.

FaceTime/Spam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.