Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spam calls using my contacts list

I get spam calls from my mobile contacts list making it look like a family member is calling me, so the first option is useless. The second option runs the risk of blocking a call you actually need to take. What other options does Apple offer?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on May 13, 2021 8:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2021 8:36 AM

There is nothing you, me or Apple can do about fake caller IDs. As to where they are getting your family contacts, most likely it’s from one of the hundreds of corporate data breaches, but it’s possible your Apple ID or another family member’s was hacked. If that might be a possibility see→If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2021 8:36 AM in response to aug197

There is nothing you, me or Apple can do about fake caller IDs. As to where they are getting your family contacts, most likely it’s from one of the hundreds of corporate data breaches, but it’s possible your Apple ID or another family member’s was hacked. If that might be a possibility see→If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Spam calls using my contacts list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.