Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activity on iPhone not syncing with Apple Watch

After months of care-free syncing between Activity data on my Apple Watch and iPhone, it has stopped syncing, or only syncs very intermittently. Currently it has been over 30 hours since Activity has updated on the iPhone. I have restarted the iPhone and the Watch. Bluetooth and wifi are on for both devices. I keep the software up to date on both devices. Did a recent software update clobber my syncing? What can I do to get syncing back?

I don't know if this is related, but at about the same time as the Activity sync quit working reliably, the Watch started running out of power before the end of the day. Something is draining the power faster than it used to.

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 1:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 3:23 AM

A couple of things to try;

To force reset your Apple Watch, press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for about 10 seconds or until the apple logo appears, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.

And if that doesn't work try unpairing and re-pairing again.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2020 3:23 AM in response to rpg77

A couple of things to try;

To force reset your Apple Watch, press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for about 10 seconds or until the apple logo appears, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.

And if that doesn't work try unpairing and re-pairing again.

Mar 29, 2020 9:08 AM in response to Community User

Thanks for your help. I did a forced reset on the watch, and the Activity App still did not sync, so I went through the unpairing and re-pairing process. The iPhone Activity App is now syncing with the watch within a few minutes of new activity being recorded. Also, it looks like I did not lose any of my activity data in the re-pair process.

Activity on iPhone not syncing with Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.