Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I change the partition size after installing the bootcamp or I need to reinstall it all?

At first I divide a small portion for window but Now I need more space

can I resize it or need to reinstall?

thx in advance

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 12:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 2:26 AM

You’ll need to delete the partition and repartition again.

the reason is because they use different file systems: Windows uses NTFS (Windows NT File System) and macOS uses APFS or MacOS Extended (Journaled).

just like you can’t copy files from your Mac to your windows partitions and your Windows can’t read the Mac partitions, these file systems are not recognised by them.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2020 2:26 AM in response to NTW-

You’ll need to delete the partition and repartition again.

the reason is because they use different file systems: Windows uses NTFS (Windows NT File System) and macOS uses APFS or MacOS Extended (Journaled).

just like you can’t copy files from your Mac to your windows partitions and your Windows can’t read the Mac partitions, these file systems are not recognised by them.

Can I change the partition size after installing the bootcamp or I need to reinstall it all?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.