Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internal microphone is not working

I've had my macbook air for a while already and I only realize now that my mic isn't working.

I've only needed to use the mic when I was using facetime so far. And I never have a problem then.

However when i tried to skype I noticed my mic wasn't working. That when I also tried to record a video using my macbook and it didn't work either

When I go to sound, it seems t recognize the internal mic as it shows up, but it doesn't register any sound at the input level. However, if have this open when I am facetiming the input level seems to register sounds then.

I don't understand why my mic is only working when I am using facetime. I think at some point a long time in the beginning it might have worked but maybe after a update it didnt?

Can somebody help me fix this? Or anyone with similar problems?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 2:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 3:06 AM

Reset PRAM:  Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Reset  SMC:   How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support   Choose the appropriate method.

Startup in Safe mode. https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201262

To leave Safe Mode, click  in the menu bar and choose “Restart”

Similar questions

1 reply

Internal microphone is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.