Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime Compatibility iPadOS/iOS 13.4

After updating both my iPad and iPhone to iPadOS/iOS 13.4 I'm not able to connect a FaceTime call, either voice or video, with a device using an older iOS versions (9.3.5). The call rings and starts on "Connecting...." stage but keeps in that state for a while until the call is dropped.

Am I missing something?

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 10:04 AM

4 replies

Apr 27, 2020 8:24 AM in response to JPastorino

Hi JPastorino,

Glad to hear that everything seems to be working again! It does look like iOS 13.4.1 included a bug fix for the FaceTime issue that you were experiencing, and please let us know if you experience any further issues with it going forward:

About iOS 13 Updates

"iOS 13.4.1 includes bug fixes for your iPhone.

• Fixes an issue where devices running iOS 13.4 could not participate in FaceTime calls with devices running iOS 9.3.6 and earlier or OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 and earlier
  • Addresses a bug with the Settings app where choosing Bluetooth from the quick actions menu on the Home screen would fail"

Take care.

Mar 30, 2020 9:43 AM in response to JPastorino

Hello JPastorino,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that after updating your iPhone and iPad to the latest software, you're unable to make a FaceTime call to a device running iOS 9.3.5. You've come to the right place for help.

If the devices running iPadOS/iOS 13 are able to make FaceTime calls to other devices OK, this indicates there may be an issue with the device running iOS 9.3.5 specifically. If you have access to the iOS 9.3.5 device, try the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following support article:

If you can't make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers!

Facetime Compatibility iPadOS/iOS 13.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.