Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air USB Issues

My usb on the mac air is not charging my iphone 11. I have taken all the steps that are out there (every form of reset, terminal access, usb reset, ect) and nothing is working. When i plug my phone in it will say charging for half a second then say accessory not supported, but i can still access my iphone in itunes, anyone know how to fix this?

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 12:40 PM

This is newly out related to USB-C ports: Have any of your Mac’s USB-C ports stopped working in 10.15.4? May or may not relate to your problem. A couple of things you might try:

Use Disk Utility to run First Aid on your drive, then Download and Install the macOS Catalina 10.15.4 Combo Update. Ir this doesn't help, then try How to Downgrade from macOS Catalina to Mojave or Earlier.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2020 12:40 PM in response to tamer104

This is newly out related to USB-C ports: Have any of your Mac’s USB-C ports stopped working in 10.15.4? May or may not relate to your problem. A couple of things you might try:

Use Disk Utility to run First Aid on your drive, then Download and Install the macOS Catalina 10.15.4 Combo Update. Ir this doesn't help, then try How to Downgrade from macOS Catalina to Mojave or Earlier.

Macbook Air USB Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.