Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have internet connection but I get the not connecting error in some apps and I can't use the apps

I have 13" MacBook Pro 2018. I use Movaje last version

My problem is that some apps don’t open after sleep because probabyl they cannot access the internet but i have internet. For example Whatsapp App, Microsoft Teams, Slack said that “The computer is not connected to the internet” but I had already connected. If I try to open these apps with a browser, they open properly. Its applications cannot access internet.

The problem disappears when I restart the computer.

I tried some suggestions like change DNS or change Network Preferences Location etc. but my problem continues.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Mar 29, 2020 2:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2020 7:10 PM

Please determine if the same problems occur in "Safe Mode": Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac.

Needless to say, if you are using, or have used at any time in the past, any non-Apple "anti-virus", "cleaning", or "Internet security" products including "banking security", anything at all in that broad category of utterly useless garbage, don't. A lot of things won't work if you do.

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2020 7:10 PM in response to talhaaltinkaya

Please determine if the same problems occur in "Safe Mode": Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac.

Needless to say, if you are using, or have used at any time in the past, any non-Apple "anti-virus", "cleaning", or "Internet security" products including "banking security", anything at all in that broad category of utterly useless garbage, don't. A lot of things won't work if you do.

Mar 30, 2020 4:59 AM in response to talhaaltinkaya

I understand. Safe Mode is merely a troubleshooting aid. It helps to know the problem does not occur in that mode. Please restart your Mac normally if you haven't already.

In an effort to further isolate the cause consider Using EtreCheck. Post its report in a reply to this Discussion. Those instructions explain how to do that. Because its output will this site's 5000 character limit for text entry you need to use "sheet of paper" icon below the text entry field.

Mar 30, 2020 9:03 AM in response to talhaaltinkaya

Antivirus software: Apple and Kaspersky

That'll do it. Uninstall the "Kaspersky" garbage in strict accordance with its instructions. Rule 1 of Macs is don't install junk.

This computer has configuration profiles installed.

Find out what they are. Provided you own and control that Mac no Profiles should be installed, in which case its presence should be questioned. Installed Profiles can be found in System Preferences. Identify that Profile; post a screenshot of that pane if need be.

To capture a screenshot read Take screenshots or screen recordings on Mac - Apple Support. To include it in a reply, use the icon just to the right of the "sheet of paper" icon.

By default, screenshots are saved to the Desktop.

Mar 30, 2020 10:18 AM in response to John Galt

I deleted the Kaspersky properly and it is no longer in the report. There is one internet profile installed in the system. It is eduroam. In order to connect to the network at universities, we have to install this "eduroam" profile. Could it be related to this?

Maybe it was because of Kaspersky, I'll try it for a while and I'll update here.

I have internet connection but I get the not connecting error in some apps and I can't use the apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.